Data Reliability Engineer L3 United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the data platform team as our next Data Reliability Engineer (L3)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to develop the strategy around building systems, processes, and workflows across distributed data teams and relevant stakeholders to maintain data reliability across multiple data sets. You will partner with other engineers and product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement scalable data reliability frameworks.We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving problems using engineering and data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference.
In this role, you’ll:
- Monitor the performance and reliability of the data storage and data analytics systems, making recommendations for improving performance and reliability.
- Focus primarily on the upkeep of databases, data pipelines, deployments, and availability of these systems.
- Ensure the data, services and infrastructures are reliable, fault-tolerant, efficiently scalable and cost-effective
- Develop and implement new technologies to ensure ongoing improvement of data reliability and data observability.
- Defining business rules that determine data quality, assisting in writing tests that validate business rules, and performing rigorous testing to ensure data quality.
- Work closely with data platform, and data engineering teams to reconfigure data ingestion pipelines to be more reliable and continuously monitored.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 6+ years of diverse experience in building/monitoring data pipelines in data warehousing/ data infrastructure with focus on Data Quality and Reliability. This is not a Data Engineer Position
- Experience supporting high availability distributed production systems - Hive, Presto etc.
- Experience building and monitoring infrastructure on a large scale.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively in a complex environment with competing priorities is required
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse concepts from design to development using SQL and Programming Languages
- Expert-level knowledge of configuring Data & Analytics services, S3 storage and other AWS resources
- Expertise in writing complex SQL queries to validate source to target transformations
- Expert coding skills in any one of languages including Scala, Java, Python etc.
- This role requires a lot of documentation and internal client-facing; therefore strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Experience in building Data Quality Frameworks
This role will be remote, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,000 - 165,000
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4074661