Data Organization Program Manager Remote US, Remote Canada
Now more than ever, the Internet is a utility that facilitates modern life. At Mozilla, we take this to heart, striving to build products that keep the Internet open, accessible, and secure for everyone. We collect terabytes of data every day from millions of users to guide our decision-making processes. We need your help to enable the future of Mozilla in a way that makes us proud!
Do you enjoy planning and executing large and complex software projects? Do you have a knack for driving consensus among teams with conflicting priorities? Can you move seamlessly between discussions with senior level executives and front line engineers? The Data Org is looking for a talented Program Manager who understands how to deliver feature-rich software projects of high quality on a schedule.
The Data Org sits at the intersection of product, engineering, business, operations, and leadership. We collaborate closely with these partners to provide meaningful insights. As a Program Manager, you will work as part of cross-functional teams that are responsible for uncovering insights that help guide the future of Mozilla.
As a Program Manager at Mozilla you will need to:
- Be self-motivated, capable of organizing your time well, and work efficiently without close supervision.
- Adapt and evolve to the needs of different teams through the project or program lifecycle.
- Drive cross-functional initiatives that span development teams and in some cases span organizations.
- Be accountable to keep teams on track planning, executing, and creating visibility for their projects.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Communicate and track program risks and flag problems before they happen.
- Act as a conduit of information between engineering and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical) to ensure that decisions and status are understood.
- Identify projects or programs that are stuck and drive them forward.
- Negotiate and build consensus among project teams.
- Drive on-going process improvements to improve execution and efficiency of the teams within their domain area by pulling from standard methodologies or by inventing something new.
- Lead with empathy. You need to value teamwork and teammates. You must be invested in knowledge sharing and learning from others. You will need to contribute positively and meaningfully to cultivate an inclusive and equitable team culture.
Job Skill Requirements
- 2+ years working in a Program or Project Management role.
- 1+ years Jira experience. Jira project admin experience and/or training a plus.
- Ability to take loosely defined requirements or projects and distill them into actionable items.
- Ability to build consensus and drive decision making when there are conflicting opinions and no clear answer.
- Proficiency working with people ranging from VPs to junior engineers.
- Experience with a variety of software development methodologies, including Agile.
- Experience delivering software on a schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a curious mind and be a self-started learner.
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team.
Other Useful Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor degree or relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of quantitative analysis - and the flow of moving through collecting, organizing, analyzing, visualizing, and interpreting data.
- Experience building consumer, desktop, and mobile products.
- Familiarity with systems such as Jira, Bugzilla, GitHub, and Mercurial or similar.
- Familiarity using an OKR framework to track progress.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3001893