Data Experience Engineer Remote - US / Canada
As the world’s largest social coding platform, a home for Open Source development, and a core tool in the DevOps toolkit of many Fortune 500 companies, GitHub has some of the world’s most interesting data.
GitHub’s Data team is looking for a data curious individual to join us and leverage this wealth of business, ecosystem, and community critical data for organization wide impact. You will be working with a diverse team of other engineers and data scientists to design and build reusable data pipelines, patterns, and tooling to unlock insights for the company. You’ll be working with and enabling a diverse set of stakeholders across all levels of the company to make data informed decisions about our products, strategy, and community trends.
- Identify business needs and translate them into requirements for data products for company wide impact
- Design, develop, and own holistic, robust, and high quality data pipelines (from ETL to Business Intelligence tools) that power internal datasets for other data scientists, product, engineering, and other business teams
- Maintain and expand forecasting capabilities for the business at scale
- Develop and maintain data products for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- 3+ years related experience in a data engineering or software engineering capacity, including experience in or close proximity to a data science, data analytics or data experience capacity
- Experience designing robust unified data schemas in a denormalized environment, and ETL pipelines in a distributed data framework (Hive, Hadoop, Spark, Presto, etc.)
- Experience with building full stack data products (internal or customer facing) and ability to reason about user experience when interacting with data tools
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience doing analysis in either R or Python, deep knowledge of any SQL variant
- Front end development experience a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2637674