Data Engineer (Golang) - Berlin, Cologne, Remote Berlin, Cologne, Remote
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What we're looking for
We’re now looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join eyeo and our Data team, which plays a significant role in supporting all teams across the company, as part of eyeo’s platforms and infrastructure department. In this role you will have a direct impact on the technical direction for eyeo’s central data platform; you will establish solid engineering practices and engage in active knowledge sharing with other data engineers, and you will help ensure that our team has a technology strategy that supports the entire organization and allows all teams across eyeo to make data driven decision and deliver on their business goals.
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain eyeo’s central large scale, high-performance data platform and data processing pipelines
- Integrate new data sources
- Automate anything and everything to support and speed up the work data and BI analysts
- Support other teams with their data related engineering tasks
- Review the code of other engineers and analysts
- Contribute to building a sustainable engineering and team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, respectful and in line with eyeo’s core values
What you bring to the table...
- A solid foundation in data engineering and software engineering in general
- Experience with containers (Kubernetes)
- Strong foundation with Golang for data processing
- Proficient with the Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting
- Professional experience with cloud computing applied to data engineering (e.g. with GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Understanding of continuous improvement and agile software development processes and practices
- Very good English, especially in writing
- Within CET±3 hours or willing to relocate into CET±3 hours
It's awesome, but not required, if you know have:
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) in particular
- Experience working remotely
- Thorough understanding how browsers and web servers work
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, and/or Airflow
- Experience with Data visualization tools and monitoring
- Understanding of User Privacy Topics, and handling sensitive data, e.g. anonymizing PII
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/eyeo/jobs/4200933