Data Analyst, Developer Success United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Data Analyst to be a key member of the Developer Success data science team. The Developer Success Team’s mission is to inspire millions of developers around the world to try Twilio and equip them for success as they onboard, build, launch, and scale with our products. You’ll help us understand those developers and determine how we invest in long-term relationships with them.
You will partner with data scientists, other data analysts, engineers, and product managers to translate data needs into reports, dashboards and visualizations. We are looking for someone who is passionate about understanding and solving business problems, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic and collaborative attitude, and delights in making a difference.
The Data Analyst will report to the Manager of Data Science in Developer Success UX Research.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic and has the following experience.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in data analytics doing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports and working with business partners to convert ambiguous messy data into tangible actionable results to influence business decisions in a fast-paced industry.
- Proficient working with SQL and relational data (2+ years on a regular basis), including joining, aggregating, filtering data from a database table; pulling CSV-like reports for stakeholders (raw data);
- Solid Python skills are required including familiarity with using pandas and numpy libraries for data analysis.
- Experience with Tableau and Looker (LookML) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing and statistical analysis concepts a plus. Statistical concepts include confidence intervals, t-test and ANOVA to test statistical significance of group differences, normalizing data, outlier analysis, and linear regression.
- Ability to initiate, refine and complete projects with minimal guidance.
- Experience explaining data analyses to cross-functional teams who are not focused on analytical work.
- Proven experience building relationships among multiple groups.
As a Data Analyst at Twilio, you will:
- BE AN OWNER: Be the expert in various data sources used by the Developer Success Team to understand their users.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work with data engineering and data science to validate, analyze, and manage data to support Twilio’s Developer Success effort.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, systems engineers and product managers to improve and automate data processes.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Contribute to the development and improvement of systems to effectively capture, track and present data.
The Developer Success Team is dedicated to providing a world-class developer experience for any builder using Twilio services and solutions. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We’d prefer someone in the Denver/Colorado area, but we’re open to remote candidates. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3501453