Cyber Threat Analyst United States
The CrowdStrike Security Response Team is seeking a motivated professional with technical skills to analyze malware and detections. The Security Response Team is focused on improving the detection capability and efficiency for the Falcon Host platform through tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by investigating petabytes of data.
The Cyber Threat Analyst is responsible for reviewing and fine-tuning detections within the platform to provide high quality and high fidelity detections. In addition, the analyst is responsible for reviewing output of our Machine Learning algorithms to aid our continuous training efforts to provide maximum results.
- Review and develop detections that adhere to company performance and security standards
- Analyze files and behavioral activity to determine if they are legitimate or malicious.
- Contribute to active mitigation efforts and support incident response engagement with technical expertise.
- Analyze and track ongoing criminal campaigns targeting CrowdStrike customers.
- Develop tools to assist with automation of analysis tasks and tracking of threat actors.
What we need:
- Sound understanding of current and emerging threats and ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of security research
- Experience working with and manipulating large data sets (i.e. billions of events per day).
- Experience in a security operations center or similar environment tracking threat actors and responding to incidents.
- Fundamental understanding of attributes of binary files on multiple operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, in particular Python.
- Good understanding of Windows OS internals and the Windows API.
- Familiarity with tools used in targeted and criminal intrusions.
- A background in exploit and vulnerability analysis is a plus.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages including C, C++, Java, and Assembly.
- General understanding of threat/risk management and threat/risk assessment.
- Experience with malware analysis tools and reverse engineering (with IDA Pro)
- Knowledge of machine learning and labelling applied to malware classification
- Experience with the following tools: Windows Debuggers (Ollydbg, WinDbg), Wireshark
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
Bonus points awarded for:
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
- Published research papers at conferences or through other mediums (blogs, articles)
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/onWx8fwI