Customer Support Lead (Americas)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in an Eastern Time Zone location: South America, Central America, North America, or the Caribbean. While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we operate in a highly collaborative environment, 100% remotely, and challenge the norms of traditional business leadership. Our focus is on true transparency and respect.
We're looking for a hands-on Accounts and Billing Support Team Lead who has a passion for developing an accountable, outcome-driven support team in a remote environment.
You, alongside your team, will take care of hundreds of Hotjar users every week to ensure they get the services they need to be successful using our product, with a specialization in topics like refunds, account changes, pricing questions, and non profit requests. You’ll also help your team design and scale projects to evolve our customer experience, reporting back insights to our Product teams and keep our documentation updated as the tool evolves.
- Lead and develop a small, inclusive team of around 4-5 team members, focusing on the Accounts & Billing areas of our product.
- Coach, mentor, and further develop members of your team. Conduct recurring 1:1s with all team members with a focus on supporting, developing, and helping unblock them.
- Be open and empathetic with continuous feedback to your team, and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Learn by doing, working with your team to address customer issues and questions through support channels like email and Twitter.
- Investigate and identify the cause of customer concerns and issues, working with multiple teams to identify solutions and opportunities.
- Facilitate improvements to customer self service around Accounts & Billing areas, including refunds, pricing, and account management.
- Work with our Support Leads & Acting Director to achieve company and team objectives.
- Improve support performance by enhancing the team’s processes and workflows based on data analysis.
- Help steer debates into quick decisions and communicate important team changes to the relevant audience through the appropriate channels.
- Work with other team leads across the department to identify and build on improvements to our processes and systems.
- Report directly to the Acting Director of Support and work with them on hiring and coverage planning.
- 3+ years experience in customer support, technical account management or customer success with at least 2+ years experience as a customer support leader at a B2C or B2B software company.
- Experience leading an outcome-driven support team, including measuring success through metrics and KPIs and running experiments to learn more about how to offer the best service to users.
- Because of the technical nature of our product, you have an interest in how websites work and are curious to continue developing technical skills in this area.
- Natural at problem-solving - with a huge range of customers using a complex product, it’s a crucial part of the job.
- Empathetic and transparent working style with team members.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Will submit to a background check, confidentially processed by our third-party partner.
The compensation range for this role is $70,000 to $100,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we also provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hotjar.com/o/customer-support-lead-americas