Customer Support Associate Remote UK /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
A huge part of these efforts is the work of our Customer Support team, who are dedicated to ensuring new and existing customers are equipped to use 1Password confidently, and get help when they need it most.
As a Customer Support Associate, you’ll be a customer’s first point of contact at 1Password and their bridge to the product team. You’ll be helping to solve all kinds of problems for customers around the world, from sign-in issues to billing questions and beyond.
We’re looking for someone with great communication skills, who’s proactive and knows the importance of asking questions as well as answering them.
This is a Remote opportunity within the UK.
What we're looking for:
- Great written and communication skills. You’re someone who’s comfortable translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating. Your style is concise yet compassionate – ideally helping people understand, not just passively read, what you’re saying.
- Passion to help customers learn, and compassion for the ones who feel lost, confused, or frustrated.
- Early morning and weekend availability. Our customers need help all week long, and we're currently looking for team members who can help in the mornings and on weekends.
- Optimism and positive written tone.
- Readiness to encourage exploration and education instead of taking the reins: Your friends describe you as someone they go to when they need help with their computer, and as you help them, you also teach them something new.
- Courage to ask for help when you need it: Technology is always changing and you’re not expected to know everything. You’ll be working alongside people who love to help each other grow, and your questions are welcomed.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
- Proficiency in German or Japanese is an asset
What you can expect in your first month:
- Set up all the tools you need to help customers and work here, including our help desk software, as well as TextExpander, Slack, and our internal customer support school.
- Read articles on the 1Password Support website and learn the basics of 1Password, then start replying to some of the easier questions we get, like how to install the apps or switching from an individual account to a 1Password Family account.
- Get to know our customers, how they use 1Password, and our best practices for communicating with them.
- Get comfortable sending a few dozen replies to customers each day by the end of your first month.
What to expect by month 3:
- Branch out and challenge yourself with more technical issues or a different category than you’ve been working with so far.
- Be the voice of our customers internally, documenting issues they encounter.
- Find your niche within the Customer Support team by the end of your third month. Once you’re fully up to speed, you’ll be sending around 60 replies per day.
What to expect by month 6:
- Share what you’ve learned with other people on the team and explore different areas of the company. We believe each person has something unique to bring to the team and they aren’t expected to stay in customer support forever (e.g. if you love designing icons, there may be a side project for you to try out).
- Continue helping customers each day and exploring new areas of the Customer Support team for the future of your career here.
- Keep trying new things: We’re agile so we keep tools fresh and improve as we go.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.