Customer Success Manager (UK) Remote UK /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
Our Customer Success team works proactively and prescriptively to help customers get the most value from their investment in security and privacy by establishing long term relationships and acting as trusted advisors to our customers.
The Customer Success Manager understands Teams and Business customers’ structures and needs, and guides them through established best practices throughout their 1Password lifecycle working closely with Onboarding and Account management. This individual acts as the customer champion and advocate, helping increase awareness of customer needs and priorities. As a Customer Success Manager the individual influences not both their own customers and processes, and processes across the Customer Success team.
This is a Remote opportunity within the United Kingdom
What we're looking for:
- A proven track record in customer success.
- Strong communication skills over email, the phone, and video calls. Presenting and speaking to new people each day excites you. Your style is concise yet empathetic – with a balance of teaching and listening/learning yourself as well as knowing when to pivot in a conversation.
- Experience with and passion for helping people or businesses use software to be more productive and efficient. You’re passionate about discovering what a team needs in their workplace, and you ask strong open-ended questions that help you learn more about them. You enjoy translating technical terms for customers who find technology confusing or intimidating.
- Someone who works well with internal teams, balancing individual customer’s success with company needs and opportunities.
- Familiarity with the acronyms SCIM, AD, CLI, SSO, and SaaS.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments. Since 1Password is remote, it’s important to be independent in your research, but also have the humility to ask for help when you aren't sure about something.
- The thought of tracking minute details doesn’t make you cringe :) and you’re able to organize yourself and your tasks so customers don’t get missed or dropped.
- Feedback, learning, and growing are some of your favourite words.
- Optional: You have personal experience with 1Password or another password manager. While not required, it’ll help you quickly have confidence in this role.
What you can expect in month 1:
- Get to know the product, our culture, the Customer Success processes, and the people you'll be working with.
- Learn our CRM, what and how we track, and the benefits of keeping customer information within it updated.
- By the end of the first month, you’ll be able to onboard a larger medium touch customer or a high potential customer through at least one level of the defined Customer Success process.
What you can expect by month 3:
- Can onboard a larger medium touch customer or a high potential customer through multiple levels of the defined Customer Success process, using your relationship with our sales and development teams to educate, provide feedback, and discover opportunities to upsell or expand.
- Proactively report on customers’ needs and valuable feedback so the marketing and product teams can accurately reflect messaging and prioritize the right projects to improve the product.
- Build and maintain a healthy database of customers for whom you are the Success Manager.
What you can expect by month 6:
- Have developed your best personal approach and rhythm, analyzed the Customer Success processes to maximize your customer engagement, and begun collaborating with cross-functional peers in internal teams.
- Have a steady book of customers with whom you’ve learned needs, built rapport, and put Success plans in place influencing the broader Customer Success metrics and processes.
Team Lead quote:
“In Customer Success, you directly help teams and businesses improve their security by getting more out of 1Password. We are building out an amazing team and having a ton of fun doing it. Join us now and help us learn and grow as we go.”
- Lynette Kontny, Senior Manager of Customer Success
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.