Customer Success Engineer - A Different Kind of DevOps role U.K. - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
If you want to have a greater impact in the open source ecosystem by enabling our Customers to use new
technology to build better software faster - then you should keep reading. We are adding more Customer
Success Engineers (CSE) to collaborate with our customers to ensure they continuously see value across the
Sonatype Nexus platform. Our CSEs also identify common patterns and/or challenges customers are facing
so as to influence the evolution of the product portfolio and best practices. Note - Although this is a 100 %
remote role, we expect that travel to customer locations will initially be 35%.
Why this role matters
Our customers are enterprise architects, security officers, developers, DevOps managers. We offer them
subscriptions to valuable software that works. As long as our customers value their investment, they
continue to renew and expand their deployments. No value = no growth and no renewal.
Fortunately, our customers find us easy to work with (as reported via customer sat surveys). They trust
Sonatype and value their investments, as demonstrated by our 90%+ renewal rate -- one of the highest
renewal rates in the software subscription business. But we choose not to rest on our laurels.
If our customers are not optimized, properly deployed, or have compromised rollouts due to their lack of
time, technical know-how/resources, or understanding of best practices - it will inhibit our mutual ability to
achieve success and expansion. That is why this role is so important.
What our CSEs do
- Coach and educate a set of customers on implementation and usage best practices for the Sonatype Nexus Platform to ensure smooth on boarding, faster adoption, increased footprint, etc.
- Share field insights with your peers in Customer Success as well as our Sales, Product Marketing, and Engineering teams. Provide feedback on how to bring more valuable features to the product based on customer reactions and your hands-on experiences.
- Discover and analyze gaps in the customer experience, identifying "early warning" signals and then working with cross-functional teams to address them
- Act as the voice of the customer - use your insights to help us drive improvements, influence product roadmap, deploy customer advocacy programs, etc.
- Ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied
What we are looking for
- Our CSEs have from many different types of backgrounds including DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Solutions Architects. While they paths are different, they all share the following:
- Broad knowledge of modern software development life cycles and the tooling that development organizations use to build applications is important
- Ability to travel 35%
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Well-honed project management and organizational skills
- The desire to build long-term relationships and help our customers be successful
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.