Curriculum Developer United Kingdom
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 50,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release, Elastic's products have achieved more than 50 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has over 300 employees in 27 countries around the world.
You are a software engineer who loves education. In this role you will help our team of education engineers create new education materials for classroom and online training. You will also help maintain existing courseware and create software tools for interactive learning. You will have direct influence on helping us grow and expand our education program by creating new courses for in-person and on-demand as well as helping build a certification program. The education materials you help build will be used by thousands of people every year!
The right candidate is happy working on your own initiative, and does not require micro-management. Most of the team works remotely, and we are happy to consider you wherever you live. Our main offices in the United States are in Mountain View, California; New York, New York; and Phoenix, Arizona. Do you want to meet lots of new people and teach engineers how to use Elasticsearch? Come join us at Elastic!
- Keep existing Elastic Stack courseware up-to-date with the fast changing features of Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and Beats
- Use feedback and survey data from students and education engineers to create new courses and improve existing courses both for in-person and on-demand education
- Work with the engineering team, education team and subject matter experts to improve existing courses and to create new learning objectives
- Create scripts, programs, and other similar technical artifacts that will assist the students in their learning environment and labs for courses.
- Keep up to date with changes and advancements in the Elastic Stack and other similar technologies by following GitHub and other communications while in a parallel getting your hands dirty playing and experimenting with the software and code.
- Work closely with education engineers to resolve issues with courseware discovered in the field.
Preferred skills and experience:
- A minimum of 4 years experience working as an engineer, developer, or integrator in information retrieval or related technologies
- A minimum of 2 years experience building and developing curriculum, ideally supporting a global team
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- A capacity to learn new things quickly and express your knowledge in a meaningful way
- Strong knowledge of a programming language (and related ecosystem and libraries) and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with search, databases and distributed systems
- A desire to learn as much as possible about the internals and use cases of the Elastic Stack
- Strong communication skills while multitasking at a rapid pace
- Excited to work with a highly distributed team and collaborative environment
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation a plus
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 27 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
Target locations: London, United Kingdom
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/891211