Counsel, Litigation United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney to join our team of lawyers and paralegals. This position will be responsible for handling a broad range of litigation and pre-litigation matters and supporting the business in assessing and mitigating risk. This position will be based in the U.S.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include responding to third-party inbound claims (e.g. interviewing witnesses, gathering, reviewing and analyzing relevant documents, and drafting responses to letters, discovery requests and briefs), working with the product teams and internal business leaders to resolve claims, handling responses to third party subpoenas, and cost-effective, hands-on management of outside counsel. You will work closely in a fast-paced and demanding environment with internal clients, including legal team colleagues, to identify issues and appropriate resolutions.
This job is for you if you are a motivated team player who can handle a broad range of litigation-related matters while maintaining your composure in a fast-paced environment. Specific requirements include:
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer; licensed to practice, or eligible to be registered in-house counsel; 5+ years litigation experience at a top firm, in-house experience a plus;
- Experience with complex litigation is required, particularly in areas impacting high technology companies, such as commercial and privacy litigation; trial experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated record of success strategizing, handling and managing complex disputes to successful resolution;
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance legal risks with business objectives;
- Experience with internal investigations and patent litigation is a plus;
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things and desire to get things done.
As Litigation Counsel, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of your matters. For instance, you will not just manage outside counsel, but you will be a leader and contributor in successfully, efficiently and cost effectively resolving complex litigation matters.
- BE BOLD & DRAW THE OWL: Be innovative and creative in solving problems and developing process improvements.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide hands-on advice and counsel to various internal clients to proactively address and mitigate potential risks.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Actively champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity, including by ensuring that the Company’s compliance policies and values are in practice.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. The litigation team plays an important role in that mission by representing Twilio’s interests in disputes and mitigating risk across our fast-growing and dynamic business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in a U.S. office or remote in the U.S. What you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728 - $145,376
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3436786