Corporate Development Manager Remote, US
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Corporate Development Manager
As a Corporate Development Manager, you will be owning the acquisition process for specific product areas, driving deal flow from inception to integration.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
What you'll do in this role
- Develop relationships with tech incubators, investors, and other sources of acquisition targets
- Validate targets’ fit for GitLab’s product roadmap, terms and other criteria quickly and with little information
- Develop a strategy and execution plan for the product areas you will be leading, prioritizing prospects accordingly
- Support acquisitions engagements start to finish, from qualifying targets, through closing and integration
- Support the Sr. Director of Corporate Development in deal terms negotiation
- Lead the cross-functional due-diligence process
- Work to establish valuations and ROI potential for deals by building financial models and conducting valuation analysis
- Lead post-acquisition integrations as the directly responsible individual (DRI), driving the roadmap acceleration objectives to successful completion
- Form effective relationships with the product management org to understand their roadmap direction.
- Manage and guide the acquisition team to an effective communication with the target and internal stakeholders
We're looking for
- 4+ years of experience in strategic, operational, or analytical environments such as Corp Dev, Investment Banking, Management Consulting or VC preferably in tech
- Experience building valuation models for companies
- Experience at constructing varied deal consideration structures and integration plans
- Experience in partnering with cross-functional teams and navigating communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to formulate business opportunities thoroughly, propose sound business cases and line up the decisions at hand in order to drive progress
- Preferred requirements:
- Familiarity with the DevOps, Cyber and open-source spaces
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5937147002