Corporate Counsel, Fed/SLED - US Distributed, AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are part of a fast growing, truly globally distributed company and our legal team reflects that. We have a dozen lawyers in the United States, France, Germany and England and in this new position, we are looking to hire our first government contracts counsel with a background in both United States government contracting and state and local contracting.
This is primarily a work from home position and we are focusing on lawyers located in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, but may be open to other locations.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will negotiate, structure, and close Teaming, Reseller and other contracts relating to our US Federal business, working directly with the Company’s Federal Sales and BusiWeWness Development organizations. You will also negotiate, structure and close our Customer Agreements relating to our State, Local and Education business, working directly with our SLED Sales and Business Development Organization. When the need arises, we may also ask you to assist with general commercial contracting matters in the Americas.
Of course, as an early member of the Elastic Legal Team, you will help develop and mature the operational model for the Company’s contract negotiation and management processes.
- You will assist in the development of contract templates, playbooks and SOPs.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert on all matters related to state, local and federal government contracts, to include providing advice on FAR, DFARS, and agency level supplemental regulations, as well as applicable state laws.
- You will help build and strengthen communications and relationships between the Legal and client departments.
- You will partner with co-workers who are sharp and motivated, combined with a company culture that is open, welcoming and unique.
What You Bring Along:
You have 5 to 7 years of experience in the drafting and negotiation of technology contracts with governmental bodies at a major national or international law firm and/or in house at an enterprise software or SaaS company, excellent judgment, and are able to balance legal risks with business strategy.
You thrive while independently running your own time in a demanding, fast-paced environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and humor.
In addition, you have/are:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments, and risk tolerance.
- Experience with, or at least a good working knowledge of, open source business models and related legal issues is a major plus.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver extraordinary, thoughtful, user-experience focused results in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy issues and concerns in the context of technology transactions is a significant plus.
- Prior experience representing high-growth or startup technology companies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment.
- Some travel will be required.
- JD from a top law school.
- License to practice law in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1575742