Corporate Communications Manager (CEO) Worldwide
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The executive communications manager to the CEO for the corporate communications team will work closely with the manager of the executive communications program, the CEO, and the CEO’s Chief of Staff team to extend the reach of the CEO’s participation in external events, bylined articles and more.
What you'll do in this role
- Own the CEO executive communications visibility program, driving its strategy and executing on said strategy with agency support.
- Work closely with the CEO’s Chief of Staff team to develop strong narrative presentations and content for internal and external speaking opportunities.
- Work with the brand, design, technical marketing team and others needed to develop state of the art slide decks for internal and external events.
- Lead speaking coaching sessions to ensure the CEO is comfortably delivering the content in a natural and charismatic way; incorporate edits as needed.
- Think strategically about other CEO (aspirational and peer) platforms and how we can incorporate key takeaways into the CEO executive communications visibility program, whether that is via our blog, bylined articles, podcasts, YouTube, social media or other external platforms.
- Work closely with others in the Corporate Communications department and with PR agencies to share presentation narratives for media consumption and obtain media messages/interview feedback to incorporate in external speaking presentations.
- Manage any outside agencies or freelancers hired to assist with the CEO executive communications visibility program.
- Work closely with Executive Business Administrators to plan the external speaking schedule for the year.
- Have experience in enterprise software and/or open source
- Have the ability to explain complex DevOps concepts at varying levels of technical detail, according to the technical abilities and interests of the audience
- Actively follows relevant technical media including Hacker News, relevant twitter personalities, and blogs
We're looking for
- 6+ years experience in public relations and/or marketing communications
- Experience working directly with CEOs of technology companies.
- Experience executing CEO communications programs.
- Experience in enterprise software and/or open source.
- Experience with presentation building - both narrative flow and design.
- Experience managing agencies and driving results.
- Creative, thoughtful and passionate about storytelling.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to drive cross-functional deadlines consistently.
- Have the ability to take meetings with and work synchronously with folks in Pacific Standard Time
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5812794002