Controller United States
Close.io is hiring a Controller.
The Operations team at Close.io oversees the areas of Finance, Legal, and People Ops/HR. You'll report to the co-founder and COO.
While our Operations team is small (just 2 at the moment!) we’re looking for someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and executing across a broad range of areas.
Founded in 2013 we are cashflow positive with no venture funding. We are a fully remote team of ~32 people spanning across 11 states and 13 countries.
Ownership & Responsibility
- Set up processes to maintain good accounting and tax hygiene
- City, State, and Federal point of contact for things such as registration, licenses, taxes, surveys, etc.
- Administer and audit employee benefits such as 401k, HSA, medical and dental
- Create company-wide budgets, projections, and updates
- Manage our accounts receivable
- Take ownership of payroll, business insurance and workers compensation
- Asset management (laptops, monitors, etc)
- Be the main point of contact for our accounting and bookkeeping firms
- A ton of other random financial / operational tasks we need your help with at our small company:)
- U.S. based
- Thrives in fully remote environment
- 4+ years of experience at a Big Four public accounting firm or similar
- 2+ years of experience at a small, fast-paced SaaS company or startup