Contracts Manager United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 35+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking to hire a twelfth member of our legal department in this fast growing, truly globally distributed company. Your role will be supporting the growing sales organization and legal department with contract management skills, as well as assist with inbound vendor deals when needed.
This is an opportunity to join us and work on the groundbreaking edge of Big Data technology and virtually unlimited use cases across all industries.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Coordinate all aspects of contract administration, including responding to and tracking inbound requests, basic review and contracts interpretation, routing to team members for handling, archiving and maintaining confidentiality of all work material.
- Help handle workflow for contract review process.
- Coordinate with business teams during contract review acting as the primary contact for the legal department for contractual terms, requests, review, copies, questions, etc.
- Negotiate, structure, and close NDAs and Customer contracts, working directly with the Company’s Legal and Sales organizations around the globe.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of standard templates, ensuring that most updated versions are posted.
- Manage forms, playbooks, policies, and procedures of the transactions legal department.
What You Bring Along:
You have at least 6 years of experience in an in-house legal department, assisting in the administration and management of technology contracts. (Please note that this is not a junior role.) You have excellent judgment, are able to balance competing demands on your time, independently function in a dynamic environment, and can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility, patience and humor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starting, proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver outstanding, thoughtful, user-experience focused results in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience working in high-growth or startup technology companies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to collaborate and function well in a team environment.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Equity grant
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 35 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1427406