Content Marketer, Customer Stories (Contractor) United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Content Marketer, focusing on customer stories, to be a key addition to Twilio's Content Marketing team. This role will be passionate about interviewing, writing, and gaining feedback and approval on a core part of our content program: customer stories.
This person will work closely with partners in the customer marketing team to lead the handoff from customer marketing, where potential stories are explored and vetted, to the content marketing team, where the stories are produced.
The person in this role will interview customers, write compelling narratives, and engage with internal and external partners to ensure 1. Customers are thrilled with their story, 2., Twilio’s products and use cases/solutions are represented accurately and thoughtfully; 3. Stories are published and shared across various channels to ensure visibility and enable teammates to demonstrate them to their highest value.
In addition to conducting interviews and writing and publishing stories, the person in this role will be responsible for maintaining and up-leveling several content properties that feature customer story content.
Twilio is looking for a teammate who lives the Twilio Magic, and has a proven track record of partnering with multiple partners to produce high-quality content. They should have:
- 5+ years’ experience in interviewing and writing, ideally on sophisticated, technical subjects for a line-of-business audience;
- 2+ years’ in a customer facing role;
- Experiencing working closely with partners of all types, from SMEs to marketing to legal, to collate feedback, identify key narratives, and maintain narrative integrity throughout the review/revision process;
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills;
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills;
- A keen eye for detail and ideally, copy editing experience.
As a Content Marketer, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Draft customer stories; improve upon the existing customer story creation process;
- DRAW THE OWL: Propose and implement new and meaningful ways of leveraging content, enabling our teams, etc..
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Represent Twilio in customer-facing interactions with the utmost professionalism, and furthermore, become an ‘expert’ in the customer’s narrative;
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across the customer and content marketing teams.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Maintain a system for tracking content creation, identifying additional opportunities for content, and know which stories to prioritize.
The Content Marketing Team is a small but mighty group groundbreaking the creation of content for the line-of-business audience at Twilio. Compelling customer stories are a core part of what drives our broader narratives, and a powerful starting point for more meaningful customer relationships, further content development, and more.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has modernized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most fast paced applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $74,944 - $103,048.
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $65,576 - $90,167.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3018738