Consulting Director EMEA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites 700+ employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As an Elastic Consulting Director, you will work with the Consulting Services team to service our global customer base on billable projects. Our customers include Fortune 100 companies, startups, government entities, and nonprofits researching some of the world's most interesting and complex search problems, and our consulting team assists our customers in the use of our products towards these efforts. The Consulting Director will be a customer-facing role for leading our consulting team, developing new business in the region, meeting financial targets, and building strong relationships both within Elastic and with our customers and partners. You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous services, engineering, and sales team and wear many hats.
- Responsible for delivery of professional services and development of new customer projects in the EMEA region (includes Europe, Middle East, and Africa)
- Professional services management including hiring, team leadership, project scoping, P&L margin, and reporting
- Liaise closely with the Elastic sales, finance, legal and engineering teams to scope opportunities while assessing risks, questions, or concerns
- Accountability for hitting Services bookings and revenue targets within the EMEA region
- Demonstrate very strong customer-facing communications skills such as meeting presentation (video/audio conferencing and in-person), customer advocacy, partner development, and relationship building
- Strong organizational and analytical skills for managing a Professional Services Automation ("PSA") application, meeting business and utilization targets, and calendar management
- Excel with consulting workflow including financial planning, business and legal negotiations, project oversight, and significant multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with high quality expectations
- Leadership within a highly distributed Consulting Services team and partners, and flexible to work with global customers across many time zones
- Innovating, presenting, mentoring, and documenting on consulting methodology and process
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership experience in relevant professional services, pre-sales, or software development functions
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to technology
- Ability to communicate effectively in the technology domain of search, analytics, or related technologies
- Track record of success in professional services or related technology fields
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Business/Economics, Computer Science, or related discipline, or comparable certification and experience
- Understanding of our technology space, including Elasticsearch, Linux, Java, software development, NoSQL, and/or databases
- Experience working as a billable consultant or project manager is valuable for empathy and understanding
- Passion for open-source technology and business model
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 32 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: London, United Kingdom; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Berlin, Germany; Munich, Germany; Frankfurt, Germany; Paris, France; Zurich, Switzerland; Lausanne, Switzerland; Stockholm, Sweden; Oslo, Norway; Madrid, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Copenhagen, Denmark
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1127576