Compliance Manager, People Team United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The People team at Twilio is rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People Operations team responsible for managing global employment compliance.
This role will be responsible for maintaining compliance of federal, state, and local employment laws. It will also create, implement, and be responsible for People compliance policies and processes. This role will ensure the successful and consistent delivery of global People Compliance related activities, oversight, audit and governance.This includes the overall management, coordination, and controls. This role will work closely with across different COEs within the People team and our Legal team.
We are seeking an experienced Compliance Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and is excited to roll up their sleeves to manage the People function’s compliance You are detail oriented with an execution mindset and also have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of regulatory HR compliance or employment and labor law experience. Global experience is highly preferred. 10+ years in overall HR experience.
- Subject matter expertise in regulatory areas and experience working with the various laws that impact HR, including OFCCP obligations, global hiring requirements, and contingent worker requirements.
- Experience working in a global and fast-paced environment at scale. Ability to establish strong cross-functional partnerships and experience driving projects and programs with a diverse group of partners.
- Strong facilitation skills and proven ability to persuade and influence change and enable collaboration in a cross-functional group of leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to build effective work relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, identifying and resolving complex issues. Will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances.
- Possesses a “seek to understand” mentality and the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
As Compliance Manager you will live the following Twilio Magic Values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the strategy to drive equity in people processes in partnership with cross-functional People partners and Employment Legal. Develop and implement ongoing audit processes to ensure adherence to compliance standards. Research legal and regulatory obligations in partnership with Employment Legal, working with project teams to translate legal obligations into system or process requirements, monitoring the effectiveness of processes designed to meet obligations, and developing and/or advising on remediation plans to mitigate risk. Keep current with government regulatory reports and programs, such as OFCCP compliance, EEO reporting, and mandatory HR training. Maintain awareness of new legislation (globally), track relevant legislation, and engage the right COEs/stakeholders to ensure timely implementation of processes that comply with new legal requirements. Develop internal controls and policies designed to ensure that all compliance needs are met.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with Legal and People teams to create, maintain, and update people policies, and partner with Comms on policy rollout. Consult managers and People Team on a variety of HR compliance policies and related regulatory compliance issues, which may include privacy, diversity & inclusion, compliance programming support, wage & hour training, posting requirements, and leave and time away policies. Revise company HR policies and practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and local rules and regulations.communication across the People Team and other internal functions and business partners as required. Create processes for access to diversity analytics in partnership with Employment and Privacy Legal, HRBPs, and HR Ops.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Partner with Employment Legal to conduct proactive audits of various HR processes and regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance and analyze audit results and develop appropriate recommendations to enhance compliance and mitigate risk. Conduct research on regulatory requirements and benchmarking, draft language to develop new policies or amend existing policies, and oversee the policy review and approval process. Manage and administer mandatory HR compliance training and ensure all employees have received and successfully completed all required federal, state and local HR compliance training.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain and update documentation tracking systems and ensure proper recording, approval, and filing/retention of all documents received in accordance with established guidelines. Establish and operationalize reporting governance to accurately maintain data, meeting both the needs of global reporting requirements.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an HR professional to be a key contributor in assisting in all aspects of People Compliance administration and management. You will have a direct impact on driving equity in people processes globally.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be based in the US, ideally in Denver, or potentially remote within the US. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2314030