Community Support SpecialistRemoteCommunity, Outreach & International – Community, Outreach & International Worldwide
Kickstarter is seeking an enthusiastic Community Support Specialist to join our team.
About the Team
Our Community Support team treats each customer support ticket with kindness and compassion as we work to resolve each user question. We see each ticket as an opportunity to foster closeness within our global community through our high quality support interactions. We aim to bring the learnings and insights from each exchange with a user to the larger company to learn from and work proactively with the Product, Engineering and Outreach teams, to share trends and feedback to inform decision making.
About the Role
Every day, Kickstarter receives hundreds of inquiries from community members. As a Community Support Specialist, your primary responsibilities will be to effectively answer our high touch support tickets and to maintain our quality standards and SLAs. You will be expected to learn the ins and outs of Kickstarter and to familiarize yourself with our community of creators and backers so that you can provide the best support. You’ll work closely with creative experts on our team to provide a seamless experience for our community.
This is a full-time position.
In This Role, You Will:
- Answer support tickets in Zendesk.
- Develop an expert understanding of our platform and administrator tools.
- Help to develop new processes for support based on CS data reporting
- Identify, verify, and escalate bugs and technical issues through proper channels.
- Report on trends and other insights gathered from support tickets.
- Help maintain our community-facing support resources as our product, policies and procedures evolve.
- Escalate sensitive and high touch issues to subject matter experts.
- You enjoy providing great support to others, making things right, and making people happy.
- You’re a strong communicator in writing, with a knack for presenting complicated information in a way that everyone can understand.
- You’re skilled at using critical thinking and deduction to recognize patterns in an ocean of information.
- You bring a level of technical acumen to the role, able to understand new features and troubleshoot them accurately.
- You’re excited about establishing new and creative ways of building and supporting our platforms.
- You empathize with backers, creators, and the challenges of bringing creative projects to life.
What You'll Enjoy:
- Fridays off! Kickstarter is currently experimenting with a 4-day/32-hour workweek pilot so that we can all enjoy long weekends
- A fully remote workforce with plenty of opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- 100% employer-paid health plan offerings
- 16 paid vacation days, 10 sick days, and a company-wide winter break between Christmas and New Years
- 25 volunteer hours each year to give back to your community
- 16 weeks of parental leave plus fertility/family planning resources
- Incredibly talented and inspiring colleagues who know how to blend their creative endeavors into their work
You can read more about our benefits and working at Kickstarter at our Jobs page.
Our Fully Virtual Team
We’re currently able to support employees based in the following US locations: CA, CT, FL, GA, MA, MD, NC, NJ, NY, OR, VA, and WA. We're also able to support employees in the United Kingdom and Canada (Ontario & British Columbia). If you live in—or are willing to move to—any of these locations, we look forward to your application! If there is a required or preferred location for an open role, it will be listed in the job description.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.