Community Programs Associate - US West Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
For all of us at Elastic, community matters. Our users and contributors have helped to ensure that Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are more than just code — they are open source projects that people love to use, and love to talk about! As our Developer Relations Coordinator you will champion our Elastic community.
Are you that kind of person who is invigorated by sharing juicy technology goodness with the world and supporting the tech community? Do you feel at home planning meetups and developer conference appearances by identifying, crafting, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; and coordinating mailing lists? Is implementing developer relations programs and planning community user group events, your jam? Well, this might just be your dream job. In this role, you will wake up each morning ready to fight the good fight and support the advocacy of Elastic's product line through organizing events, sending promotional materials inventory, executing tradeshow strategy (with support from others) and other exciting challenges as required.
You will have your ear to the ground, monitoring social media for interesting mentions of Elastic and our product lines, while recommending and sharing content. You will do this while traveling the world (up to 30%), and attending events in support of our company goals. User group meetings typically take place in the evenings, thus it is essential that you would be available to attend or be able to remotely coordinate evening events on an as-needed basis. Representing Elastic.
The role is perfect for someone looking to grow their career into as a Developer Evangelist role, or an events/content marketing role.
Well, if you read this far and think, “that's me!” then you probably won't need to read any further and we should have a conversation. But if you are in any doubt the type of experiences we expect you to have then the following should help clarify;
What You Will Be Doing:
- Organize and coordinate regional community events
- Attend local events for market research purposes, with the ability to travel
- Coordinate the sending of promotional materials and goods to community groups and members, developer conferences, and to support other developer relations initiatives
- Draft basic marketing collateral, such as flyers, blog posts, for events
- Gain knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications
- Effectively and comfortably communicate with many different people in many different roles across a distributed company and community
- Organize goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; explore opportunities to contribute to job accomplishments
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
Who You Bring Along:
You are great at:
- Project management
- Event coordination
- Reporting research results
- Process improvement
- Initiative planning
- Being passionate about what you do
- Some experience with community management, programming, open source software, or developer evangelism is very much preferred
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms and dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1534539