Community Leader - Worldwide (multiple positions & start dates) Worldwide
Company: Remote Year
About Remote Year
Remote Year is the leading global community-based travel platform that sparks boundless and borderless opportunities for growth and change through remote working and immersive local experiences. Since 2015, we have facilitated over 80 life-changing programs in 40+ destinations for over 3,000 individuals, and we are proud of our Excellent (4.6) Trustpilot rating.
We believe in the transformative power of travel, and empower people to unleash their human potential as they live, work, learn, and grow in the world’s most inspiring destinations on our 1 week retreats or 1-month, 4-month, and 12-month journeys.
We are pioneers in remote working, and as a fully remote and virtual company, we believe that travel and remote work lead to innovation, exploration, and personal and professional growth.
Current Community Leader Positions
Below is a list of current vacancies for 2022, with the minimum commitment required. We very much expect there to be ongoing availability for Community Leaders who wish to continue leading groups after this minimum commitment. Please let us know when would be able to start with Remote Year as part of the application. If you are not available until later in the year, but would still like to apply, then we would love to hear from you!
Feb - US Destinations (min. 11 month contract)
Feb - LATAM Destinations (min. 7 month contract)
March - Europe & South Africa (min. 8 month contract)
April - Asia (min. 6 month contract)
August - Africa (min. 6 month contract)
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation. As a Community Leader, RY covers:
- Return flight at start & end of program from / to home destination
- Flights from city to city with the RY community
- All accommodation while away
- Experiences & activities with the group
- Local phone SIM & credit for each city
- Travel & Medical Insurance
- A monthly stipend + variable bonus
- You will join an exciting, diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote" and delivering incredible customer experiences
- You will be instrumental in changing the lives of people who travel with us
- This is one of the most rewarding and stimulating roles possible for the right person
- Opportunities to move within the company as we grow
- Curiosity: We’re for the curious adventurers who explore with open eyes, minds, and hearts. Our pursuit towards a borderless world is fuelled by curiosity, connection, and the desire to discover.
- Compassion: We’re passionate explorers who listen with empathy, value different perspectives, and find beauty in the richness of our communities around the world. We're for people who believe that change happens only when we work together.
- Courage: We're for the bold change-makers ready to unleash their creative and spiritual potential to shape the future. We challenge conventions and defy expectations with endless passion and integrity.
About the Community Leader Role
The Community Leader is the face of Remote Year to all of our participants (“Remotes”) and the voice of the customer to Remote Year. Travelling with a program from start to finish, this role takes a lot of commitment. They have the largest impact on the overall customer experience by creating value through community, support and connection to culture and local experience through their partnership with the local City Team.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Leading all communication channels with the group throughout the course of the program and serving as primary support/point of contact to resolve any requests, issues, etc.
- Setting expectations with the group and providing the framework for what their Remote Year experience will look like throughout their program.
- Designing and curating community events throughout the course of each month to drive relationship building, professional development and personal growth amongst Remotes.
- Embodying Remote Year’s mission, values, and Code of Conduct, leading by example to create a transformative experience for their Remotes.
- Acting as first point of contact and moderator for all difficult issues, as well as for any Code of Conduct issues within the program
- Collaborating with City Teams, Onboarding, and other RY Staff to ensure Remotes’ needs are being met and that we are providing a valuable customer experience.
- Keeping a pulse on all of the members of their community and adjusts programming to ensure the environment is an inclusive one.
- Capturing insights about the customer and experience and feeds it back to cross-functional teams at Remote Year.
- Actively promoting increased lifetime value per customer through Marketplace up-sells and program repeat sales.
Qualifications / Experience
- Community management and engagement experience
- Event planning and organization experience
- Strong empathy, emotional intelligence and relationship building skills
- Effective communicator and good attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to creatively solve problems in the moment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Customer support, travel, and hospitality experience
- Champion for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Excellent English speaking ability and knowledge of another language is a plus
- Tourism experience preferred
- Experience working remotely
Who are you?
You are someone who naturally creates an environment where everyone feels welcome and included. You seek to understand before making judgements. You're known for keeping a pulse on the people around you and regulating your own energy to be high/low energy as needed for the group. You pay attention to the little details and make others feel special.
You’re passionate about creating life-changing, transformative experiences for others. You love travel and learning more about other cultures and places. You understand this is about putting other people’s experience ahead of yours. You don't shy from difficult situations or conversations.
You don’t mind wearing multiple hats in the work you do. Whether it’s spreadsheets and planning on a computer, or spending hours talking to people to better understand them, you thrive.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.