Community Developer, Enterprise - East Coast Remote - East Coast
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Community Developer who will help us cultivate a community of developers who work in the enterprise. You'll do this primarily by organizing and facilitating on-site developer events, such as hackathons.
We're looking for a developer can tell stories with code, who can extend hospitality to other developers, who can work directly with stakeholders of some of our largest customers, and who has an appetite for a fair amount of travel.
- You are a developer. And "developer" to us is someone who solves problems with code. You can empathize with the joy of "It worked!" and the frustration of, "why's it doing that?"
- You tell good stories. Maybe it's from acting in theater, teaching in a classroom, or speaking at your local meetup, but you've learned how to capture an audience's attention and keep it -- both when speaking, and when writing.
- You extend hospitality. Somewhere in your journey, you were trained in customer service. You know how to treat a customer as a guest.
- Collaborate with several teams within Twilio to organize and facilitate onsite events for developers who work in enterprise companies
- Work directly with key stakeholders at some of our largest customers
- Craft and perform live-coding presentations that will inspire and equip developers by telling stories with code.
- Extend hospitality to developers, and work side-by-side to build Twilio-powered apps
- Make those developers the heroes of their company
- 30+ two day trips a year to work onsite with developers
The Developer Community's mission is to cultivate a community of developers who will build the future of communications. To date, over five million people have signed up for Twilio developer accounts, and we have had a lot of success reaching developers through third-party events like conferences and meetups. But often, the best way to build relationships with developers who work inside enterprise companies is to go to them.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/1774968