Commercial Finance Analyst United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented analyst to join the Deal Desk team and provide overall in-region financial support for NAMER, East Region. This role gives you a platform to accelerate commercial momentum and regional growth while driving the region’s financial targets and optimizing sales cycle time.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst -NAMER, your ability to build deep cross-functional partnerships and to clearly and consistently articulate recommended course of actions will determine your success.
You will partner with sales, sales operations, product managers, super network, pricing & packaging and the extended Twilio’s Finance team. You will have a significant impact in bringing Twilio’s core offerings and new innovations to market as you create and evaluate deal models, their impact to Twilio’s P&L and make recommendations on transactions and overall pricing & packaging strategies.Reporting to the Director of Deal Desk, you will have a significant impact on how Twilio shapes strategic deals and continues to accelerate its international growth.
Twilio is looking for a talented professional who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working within financial analytics. They also have:
- Bachelor’s degree - particularly expertise in Economics, Business, Math or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in consulting, financial analysis, and/or pricing background preferred.
- Previous experience working with technology (software) companies a plus.
- Strong analytical skill set including Excel, SFDC and Keynote/PPT.
- Self-starter; takes ownership of goals and works to meet or exceed them.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to build strong partnership with sales and cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Fluent understanding of P&L dynamics and unit economics.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-pace and changing environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Support the development of deal metrics to report regional trends in pricing, product and customer requests. Partner closely with the Pricing & Packaging to set strategy and drive new pricing, packaging and discounting initiatives
- DRAW THE OWL: Partner with Sales Operations to accelerate the overall deal cycle by driving process improvements while maintaining financial rigor and accepted levels of control.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Proactively facilitate deal reviews, manage escalations and add valuable insights to promote responsible growth, navigate operational constraints & complexity and drive decision making.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across key stakeholders & functional teams within Twilio and assist on ad hoc finance projects.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Assess deal economics, recommend alternative deal structures and consistently evaluate/propose discounting level and overall financial terms & conditions to support non-standard customer transactions while helping to drive overall product mix and regional financial targets.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Twilio is a complex, high-growth, and quickly evolving business. The Finance team is central to Twilio’s decision-making process and the Sales Finance team guides company investment decisions to maintain Twilio as the platform to fuel the future of communications. Your ability to identify and communicate trends, opportunities and problems--and more importantly, recommend a course of action--will play a critical role in charting Twilio’s future.
Twilio is committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2323862