CodeQL Analysis Engineer Remote - Europe
GitHub is seeking a CodeQL Analysis Engineer for our Professional Services Delivery team. They focus on helping our customers improve the lives of developers working on the GitHub platform. As a CodeQL Analysis Engineer you will have a direct impact on the security of some of the world’s largest code bases and the most commonly used applications. You will work closely with our customers' security teams to implement custom static analyses and discover vulnerabilities in their code.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who can apply cutting-edge static analysis techniques to messy real world problems and teach our customers how to do the same.
- Use CodeQL to perform Variant Analysis: develop novel static analyses to find real vulnerabilities in our customers' code
- Provide CodeQL training for developers and security engineers
- Be a trusted advisor for our customers on all aspects of CodeQL
- Refine and scale analyses so they can be run across 1000s of codebases
- Strong knowledge of secure coding practices and common types of vulnerability.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science (BSc, MSc, PhD or equivalent practical experience).
- Experience of static analysis and common tools/techniques (dataflow, traint tracking, abstract interpretation).
- Experience in mentoring other engineers and disseminating complex technical ideas and processes.
- Experience with Logic Programming (Datalog, Prolog, CodeQL) or other Declarative Programming (Haskell, OCaml, etc.).
- Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to persuade customers to make hard, but worthwhile decisions.
- An ability to see the tradeoffs of technical solutions and make recommendations to customers.
- A desire to help others, and to collaborate with both customers and GitHub team members.
- A growth mentality, and a passion for discovering new technologies.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. Over 40 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 100 million repositories. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1984226