Cloud - UX Designer Distributed, Global
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic Cloud runs in public cloud environments like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud, allowing customers to provision and scale Elastic clusters in a turnkey fashion. In addition to our Software-as-a-Service solution we bring this same simplicity of deployment and automation to customers who want to run and manage multiple Elastic clusters on-premise (in their own data centers) through Elastic Cloud Enterprise. You will be contributing significantly to both initiatives. You will also be integral in crafting the products we build, not just implementing specs.
If you are a dedicated UI/UX designer, we’d love to talk. To get a feel for some of the things we work with, take a look at this blog post by one of our team members. https://www.elastic.co/blog/color-coded-visualizat...
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will innovate, lead and contribute to the user experience and design of both our hosted and on-premise offerings.
- Assist in designing an intuitive and easily usable cloud offering working across everything from a single Elasticsearch cluster to many thousands of complex deployments.
- You will work closely with the Elastic Cloud Product and Engineering teams to define and shape our products.
- Ensuring a consistent UI and experience across our products.
What You Bring Along:
- At least two years of web application design or development experience
- Strong UX design experience
- Visual or graphic design skills
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Ability to work with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Enthusiastic about design and usability in general
- Experience with Sketch
- Has conducted user research/testing
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1308672