Cloud - Technical Lead Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
About The Role
You will provide senior technical and architectural leadership for Elastic’s Cloud team. In this role, you’ll analyze current system and architecture strengths and limitations, and provide technical thought leadership for improving our products and platform. You’ll take the lead in analyzing industry trends, and advocating for architectural and technology changes to take advantage of new technologies. Typical candidates for this role would have spent the last 5+ years in a technical leadership role for a large aaS product.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
Some of the things you'll work on
- Study the current technology landscape and provide recommendations for new technologies we should be using to improve our products.
- Identify current areas of needed improvement in our product architecture and design methodologies.
- Bring a pragmatic approach to our current technology stack, with an eye toward improving maintainability, testability, and reliability of our product offerings. Lead the effort to implement changes based on your analysis.
- Think holistically about our efforts towards how we measure and monitor our product success. This includes things like: What are our baseline performance characteristics? How do we measure changes in performance behavior each time we release? What are our key areas that contribute to production issues? How do we identify and address them?
- Lead technical discussions and requirements analysis with partners and customers to drive alignment with customer needs.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, and other groups inside Elastic to drive alignment with our strategic product goals.
- Represent Elastic at conferences, trade shows, and in customer partnerships.
- Work with development teams across Elastic to facilitate understanding of how they work on Cloud
- Evaluate upcoming Stack features and work with the development teams to promote operability on Cloud.
What you will bring along
- Previous experience as a Principal or Distinguished Engineer for a SaaS based product.
- Experience designing and delivering an Enterprise level product.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Experience working with Cloud hosting providers and physical data centers.
- Demonstrated thought leadership for a large software product.
- Experience as an evangelist for a software company or product.
- Experience doing technology landscape analysis which results in actionable recommendations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
Nice to have
- Experience as CTO or Chief Architect for a Cloud based product.
- Experience using or managing the Elastic Stack and Kibana
- Record of inheriting and improving existing medium-to-large scale projects
- Open source experience.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1406456