Cloud- Technical Delivery Manager Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Diversity drives our vibe. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
This role has a focus on “delivery”. We’re looking for a strong leader to help drive our roadmap forward, focus on working with stakeholders to define the best possible roadmap for our products, improve our processes, and increase our velocity in delivering awesome features.
Some of the things you’ll work on:
- Develop and execute an approach for quality, efficient, and quick delivery of Cloud projects, large and small, including, but not limited to, documenting requirements, establishing frequent communications, detailed documentation, identifying risks, accurate timelines, and measuring progress.
- Directly manage small to large development efforts from initial request through production release.
- Support definition and documentation of roadmaps.
- Identify implementation risks early, efficiently recommending resolutions to critical issues and drive to decision by the right individuals in a timely manner.
- Be a conduit for communication, coordinating meetings with stakeholders as well as regular communications with the appropriate teams.
- Work within an agile development development process, updating issues, project status docs, and facilitating progress reporting.
- Be an integral part of a highly technical team with high expectations on their ability to deliver quality releases on a regular basis.
Things you’ll bring to the team:
- Experience leading business-focused technology efforts, including stakeholders from all different levels of leadership.
- Experience managing software deliverable efforts from definition to delivery.
- Experience managing software engineers.
- Deep understanding of Github.
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical requirements into business processes (BA-related certification a plus)
- Previous exposure to Agile Methodologies
- BS/BA degree (MBA or Masters is a plus)
- Plus for any Project Management Certifications (i.e. PMP, CSM, etc.)
- Be Great!
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1285726