Cloud - SRE Capacity Planner US United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we have the opportunity to grow our Site Reliability team. We're a part of the Elastic Cloud engineering team with a focus on solving Cloud operations problems and keeping the SaaS online, who aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty. We are the first line of consumers for Elastic's products and our experience helps influence the direction of the stack. Capacity planning and cost optimization is a key element to the ongoing growth of Elastic Cloud. We are looking for passionate software engineers who will be responsible for optimizing resource usage across multiple cloud vendors.
- You will identify and solve problems within the Elastic Cloud infrastructure services focused on optimizing capacity planning
- You will own the overall architecture and lifecycle of software used to handle Elastic Cloud capacity management
- You will design capacity SLIs and build an active feedback loop addressing capacity SLO breaches
- You will promote best practices for teams using cloud platforms
- You have 2+ years experience managing capacity and cost planning for a cloud-based SaaS provider
- You are comfortable writing software to automate API-driven tasks at scale. SRE use Go and Python regularly but are also encouraged to contribute to the product codebase in Java, Scala, and Python.
- You have experience with cross-collaboration between various stakeholders, finance and operationally-focused teams to meet and exceed established KPIs
- Experience developing against the Elastic Stack
- Relentless desire to automate and build software tools to make data-driven decisions
- Desire to represent work in git, driven by a GitHub workflow through issues and pull requests
- Love open source development, and have contributed to some project somewhere (doesn't have to be ours), whether through mailing lists, patches, documentation, etc.
- Enjoy working remotely and the communication it requires
- Love a diverse environment, working with colleagues all over the world
We're looking to hire team members invested in realising the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1482576