Cloud- Security Operations Area Lead United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 34 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for someone to lead a team of engineers focused on implementing, improving and maintaining security controls for Elastic Cloud. You will be acting as a partner for the security of the Elastic Cloud, and assume ownership of architectural decisions, organizing cross-team efforts and being a security SME for Elastic’s SaaS. Does this sound like something you are interested in?
What You Will be Doing:
- Leading the Security Engineers on the Elastic Cloud team
- Owning of Compliance items agenda for Elastic Cloud (SOC-2, ISO 27k, HIPAA)
- Organizing cross-team efforts
- Maintaining a tight collaboration with Infosec and SecEng teams
- Collaborating with the Cloud team Lead
What You Bring Along:
- Experience in leading engineering teams
- Architect level experience in public cloud provider environments
- A Deep understanding of Linux systems hardening, containerization, and network perimeter controls.
- The Ability to drive decisions and being hands-on
- Experience with compliance (SOC-2, PCI, ISO 27k, GDPR)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills, a phenomenal teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in running or participating in a Blue team
- If you are a leader in Security within SaaS products
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Target Locations: Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Dallas, TX; Denver, Colorado; Washington, D.C, Los Angeles, CA; Boston, MA; Philidelphia, PA; Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN; Phoenix, AZ;
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1169587