Cloud -Security Engineer (GovCloud) US United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for senior security engineers to be part of a team focused on implementing, improving and maintaining security for Elastic Cloud while enabling our team to grow and succeed.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Designing, engineering, and implementing security solutions for a highly complex public & private cloud environments.
- Collaboration with talented engineers and developers to deploy into new environments such as GovCloud with security in mind.
- Working within a fast paced and open environment with tools like Git, Terraform, Ansible, and Rundeck.
- You will participate and contribute in software engineering of solutions that automate elements of the environment
What You Bring Along:
- Senior level experience in public cloud provider environments such as AWS, GCP, Azure, SoftLayer, or OpenStack along with hands on experience with Terraform or Cloudformations
- A deep understanding of Linux systems hardening, containerization, and cloud security controls
- The Ability to drive decisions and being hands-on
- Experience with or exposure to compliances (FedRAMP, SOC-2, PCI, ISO 27k, GDPR)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills, a phenomenal teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- You've built and or maintained tools to get the job done and aren't afraid to use open source solutions
- You love to learn new things and strive to continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
- Knowledge of or experience with networking concepts in a large cloud based environment
- Exposure to other areas of such as application security, Governance, Risk & Controls, and development
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! We'd love to expand the doc guild outside of North America. Whether you're ready to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1424268