Cloud- Principal Security Engineer United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 34 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for senior security engineers to be part of a team focused on implementing, improving and maintaining security for Elastic Cloud while enabling our team to grow and succeed. You will be considered an authority within your security domain, and assume ownership of architectural and engineering decisions. Does this sound like something you are interested in?
What You Will Be Doing:
- Designing, engineering, and implementing security solutions for a highly complex public & private cloud environments.
- Partnering with teams to drive compliance items such as SOC-2, ISO 27k, HIPAA, GDPR, and others.
- Maintaining a tight collaboration with various teams across Elastic
- Collaborating with the technical leadership within Cloud
What You Bring Along:
- Architect level experience in public cloud provider environments
- A deep understanding of Linux systems hardening, containerization, and cloud security controls
- The Ability to drive decisions and being hands-on
- Experience with compliance (SOC-2, PCI, ISO 27k, GDPR)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills, a phenomenal teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- You've built and or maintained tools to get the job done
- You love to learn new things and strive to continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
- Exposure to other areas of such as application security, Governance, Risk & Controls, and development
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.sse
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1452586