Cloud-Go Engineer (Kubernetes) Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic’s Cloud product allows users to build new clusters or expand existing ones easily. This product is built on Docker based orchestration system to easily deploy and manage multiple Elastic Clusters.
What you will do:
- Implement features to manage multiple Elasticsearch Clusters on top of Kubernetes.
- Develop software for our distributed systems and ES as a Service offerings
- Debugging meaningful technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving containers, microservices, etc on multiple platforms
- Collaborate with Elastic’s engineering teams like Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, APM and Beats) to enable them to run on Cloud infrastructure
- Grow and share your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking, etc.)
What you bring along:
- You are passionate about developing systems software in Golang and are excited to share this with your peers
- Interest in the JVM and prior experience with Java/Scala is a big plus
- Experience working with Kubernetes clusters in production and one or more Kubernetes operator frameworks is a big plus
- You care deeply about resiliency of the services and quality of the features you ship
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, and Cloud hosting environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- A self starter who has experience working across multiple technical teams and decision makers
- You love working with a diverse, worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1455100