Cloud Engineer - IAM - Remote Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype has been at the forefront of crafting solutions to manage, organize, and better secure components since the inception of the Central Repository and Maven in 2001. Our mission is simple – help the world build better software, even faster. This is done by providing unprecedented visibility combined with the guidance needed to make the best selections from the open-source ecosystem as early as possible, and enabling teams to choose wisely from the beginning.
If you are interested in being a critical part of designing and delivering value across the world of software by helping companies create better and safer software faster, read on.
Who you are and what you'll need:
- You are a software engineer with 2+ years of experience who understands code quality and has a strong programming background.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to understand how things work and a desire to make them better.
- You will be a member of the application platform identity team and will work collaboratively to build/implement an identity verification service to protect and manage our customers’ personal data.
- You will collaborate with software engineering teams and product management.
What skills you need:
- Experience using a high-level programming language (eg: Java, Go, Python)
- Experience in development and implementation of identity, authentication, and access management
- Experience utilizing APIs to integrate products and understand API design principles
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure as code (i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation, or equivalent).
- Knowledge and experience with AWS (compute, networking, security, and scaling), database technologies, and web technologies
Things we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.