Cloud- Senior Application Security Engineer Worldwide
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we have the opportunity to grow our Cloud Application Security team.
We're a part of the Elastic Cloud team with a focus on finding security flaws in complex distributed systems and coming up with creative and approachable solutions that enable developers to ship secure code.
We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about uncovering an obscure security vulnerability as they are about working with developers to ship more secure code. Would you like to focus on building and maintaining Application Security program that will be used throughout the industry?
What you will be doing:
- Take shared ownership in driving the creation and implementation of a best-in-class application security program for Elastic Cloud.
- Take ownership for the offensive security program, including penetration testing, red team activities, and security research.
- Responsible for manual code analysis, proof of concept exploit code development, and deploying automated solutions to do the same.
- Be a proponent and champion of a DevSecOps culture and environment for a large team of highly talented developers and engineers
What you bring along:
- A history of uncovering, exploiting, and remediating application or system security flaws.
- A deep understanding of coding and scripting languages such as Java and Python, Scala, among others and can easily adapt to other languages quickly and efficiently.
- Knowledge of and experience with manipulating protocols and libraries in order to compromise the security of a set of systems or code
- Previous work as a developer for a large code base and collaboration with engineers and developers
- You have hands on experience in both using and securing Linux based systems and containers
- You've worked on open source projects before and are familiar with different styles of source control workflow and continuous integration and management (GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, RunDeck, etc).
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1276018