Clients - Microsoft Engineer (Windows Installer) Distributed AMER or EMEA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 35 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Right now, we are looking to add a talented Windows Installer and .NET Engineer to collaborate within a small, globally distributed team.
What you will be doing
You will be joining the Microsoft team which is part of the dedicated team for Language Clients within Elastic. Our primary responsibility is to make sure that folks using .NET, Windows and Azure have a great experience when running or integrating with any part of the Elastic Stack.
To help drive adoption in the Microsoft community, we are looking for a specialist who can lead our Windows Installer packaging strategy for Elastic Stack components.
- Develop and maintain Windows Installers for Elastic Stack components
- Gather requirements and collaborate to develop the roadmap
- Help maintain and develop best practices for Windows Installer packaging
- Assist in maintaining the Microsoft .NET client for Elasticsearch
- Keep pace with Elastic Stack releases
- Drive community engagement and adoption
- Build out our continuous integration tests and dashboard
What you will bring
- You have strong Windows Installer development experience
- You are very experienced in C#
- Ready to be part of a dedicated distributed team; self-motivated and having strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong interest with what goes on in the Microsoft developer ecosystem, with your fingers on the pulse of the latest and greatest
- Enthusiasm for picking up new technologies
- Happy to get involved with our community; not afraid to reach out and be reached out to
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is useful, but not mandatory
- Experience with Azure and development of ARM templates is a plus
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1449136