City Coordinator - Lisbon Lisbon, PT
Company: Remote Year
About Remote Year
Remote Year is the leading global community-based travel platform that sparks boundless and borderless opportunities for growth and change through remote working and immersive local experiences. Since 2015, we have facilitated over 80 life-changing programs in 40+ destinations for over 3,000 individuals, and we are proud of our Excellent (4.6) Trustpilot rating.
We believe in the transformative power of travel, and empower people to unleash their human potential as they live, work, learn, and grow in the world’s most inspiring destinations on our 1 week retreats or 1-month, 4-month, and 12-month journeys.
We are pioneers in remote working, and as a fully remote and virtual company, we believe that travel and remote work lead to innovation, exploration, and personal and professional growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
The City Coordinator works in unison with the City Manager, and together are the hosts for every program that enters their city for the month. They ensure their infrastructure is ready, they organize experiences, and they’re the go-to for things to do or any issues that arise.
We are looking for someone who is naturally a great host and has played this role or similar before applying. You’re constantly on the quest to meet new people and connect your massive network. It means that your friends and family turn to you to know how to spend their weekend, where to eat, and what’s going on in the underground scene. It means that you have a true love for your city and helping others experience it.
You think big and small. City Coordinators help come up with big, creative ideas for how to bring their city to life - whether that be finding 10+ Grandmas to teach Remotes how to cook, or lining up an opportunity for Remotes to spend a day inside a prison hearing the stories of prisoners. But they also know that every tiny detail matters, so transport is never late, accommodations are always comfortable, the workspace always has enough seats, and food is never lacking a vegetarian option.
People are your specialty. Local vendors? They love working with you. Other Remote Year team members? They love working with you. Remotes? They love being around you. With input from the City Manager, City Coordinators can effortlessly manage relationships, engage people, turn any problem into a solution, and light up any room they walk into.
What you will be doing
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Help the City Manager ensure infrastructure is in place for each group
- Help coordinate booking of apartments/coworking for each group
- Ensure all apartments and coworking meet specified Remote Year criteria
- Assist in organizing and managing logistics for the group locally (pre-arrival)
- Check and prepare accommodations (clean, WiFi, welcome gifts)
- Purchase SIM cards for the group
- Co-organize transportation from airport to accommodations and coordinate check-in to accommodations
- Help manage logistics for the group locally (arrival)
- Assist the City Manager with any issues with workspace or accommodations
- Spend some days in the coworking space with the group
- Liaise with City Manager for check-out of accommodations and organize transportation to airport
- Network Building and Outreach
- You’ll be at the center of all things in your city. You’ll be in charge of the building, coordinating and fostering our city network and relationship building across multiple networks.
- Experience Delivery and Vendor Management
- With the help of our product team & City Manager, you’ll input on design and execution on local month-long programming to provide a platform for unique, locally immersive experiences in your city.
- You’ll work with local vendors daily managing and planning the budget for each and every monthly activity
- Team Support
- You’ll be the on-the-ground support for our Remote team and on deck to cover a range of team support day in and day out. You’ll be responsible for going above and beyond - holding Remotes and Staff weekly office hours, events and other operational support that will often require you to work on weekends
- From Lisbon, or Portuguese and have lived in Lisbon for considerable time
- Passion for people, passion for your city and country, natural leader/go-getter, well connected
- Excellent English speaking ability and fluency in the native language is a must.
- Organized, detail oriented, creative, requires little oversight
- Present, engaging, enthusiastic, and approachable
- Tourism experience preferred
- Local knowledge / contacts
- Experience using digital tools like Google docs, Slack, Email, and excel
- Used to managing budgets
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.