Chief of Staff - Security Remote - US / Canada
As the Chief of Staff to the Chief Security Officer at GitHub, you’ll work directly for the CSO and work closely with the Security leadership team to help them grow, scale, and run the business more effectively. In this role, you will help manage the Security organization through the following primary functions: Strategic Planning, Project and Program Management, Business Insights and Analytics, and Communications.
You will define and execute the rhythm of the Security organization in partnership with the CSO; including meeting cadence, off-sites, and all-hands. You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop and manage resourcing plans, enabling our team and our partner organizations to execute on our security promises with speed and confidence. You will serve as a critical partner for Security leaders and other key stakeholders on ad hoc projects ranging from business decision support to working with external partners. Finally, you'll serve as a Program Manager for key projects, driving both the strategic vision and project execution forward. This role requires a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence.
- Coordinate quarterly planning process (OKRs - Objectives and Key Results) across the Security team, including quarterly off-sites.
- Manage operational rhythm of the business: build meeting agendas, capture key insights and action items, and follow-up accordingly.
- Provide the Chief Security Officer with insightful data-driven strategic recommendations. Communicate findings from initiatives to management and the broader organization.
- Partner closely with other functions including Product and Engineering, Communications, PR, Marketing, Revenue, HR, Talent
- Acquisition, Finance, Legal and Operations.
- Own the headcount planning and approval process.
- Use cross-functional knowledge and seek to understand issues, trends, and perspectives that may influence the business. Connect the dots for key stakeholders to drive increased alignment.
- Distill and cascade core tenets of our strategy for leadership and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive strategic initiatives and/or discrete projects on behalf of our CSO and the Security leadership team.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the CSO and act as a representative when required.
- Solve ambiguous problems.
- 10+ years of experience in Strategy, Stakeholder and Project Management. Experience in Management Consulting or Security is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial - you’re a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end.
- You don’t ask for permission - you make it happen.
- Problem Solver - you've solved ambiguous problems by applying frameworks to get to the first principles, aligning resources on the goal, executing, learning, and adapting.
- Experience partnering effectively with cross-functional teams or projects.
- Experience working with external C-level partners
- Ability to work across multiple functions
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective Program Management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Understanding of the developer ecosystem.
- Start-up experience is a plus.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3008522