Chief Marketing Officer, WordPress VIP Worldwide
We are looking for a world-class CMO to serve as a key executive to support our high-growth WordPress VIP business.
Reporting to VIP’s Chief Revenue Officer, the CMO will passionately lead WordPress VIP’s efforts to redefine Automattic’s enterprise business, WordPress VIP. This role is strategic, quantitative, and systematic in its function with the right blend of team leadership and results-oriented creativity that expands their market position and accelerates demand generation. This person is primarily responsible for growth, deploying campaigns that drive visibility and performance, while making rapid optimizations tied back to clarity and focus on true north objectives. The CMO will create systematic marketing programs as well as well-formed sales enablement materials/processes that are tightly managed and coaxed through a global sales effort.
Key responsibilities include:
- Expertise in multi-stage demand generation funnels and related technologies including marketing automation and CRM.
- Build an efficient and comprehensive full-funnel lead generation engine.
- Implement and continuously improve marketing pipeline health as well as acceleration strategies in the U.S. market.
- Comfortable owning and advancing associated metrics of acquiring customers and pipeline management.
- Strong focus on efficient use of digital marketing strategies and middle-of-the funnel nurture techniques.
- Ability to lead and inspire confidence across all team members of varying marketing functions.
- Build a strong product marketing function focused on comprehensive data gathering and analysis of customer pain points & buyer journey, and demonstrate the ability to drive cross-sells and up-sells.
- Develop and execute on an account based marketing strategy to increase the number of customers as well as to support the expansion of ARR within existing customers.
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- 10+ years of formal marketing leadership experience providing strategic input to high-growth technology businesses with ownership of marketing strategies, goals, and tactics.
- Experience building and leading all aspects of a growth company’s marketing strategy in a very hands-on manner.
- Exceptional track record developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceed planned objectives, and materially contributed to top line growth goals.
- Ability and desire to use data / metrics to make strategic growth decisions and effectively align marketing efforts with the sales team’s goals and objectives.
- Dynamic, high energy executive with proven ability to build and engage best-in-class marketing teams; act as a mentor, coach, and a player.
- Experience-based mastery of contemporary marketing practices and a demonstrated understanding of market development strategies, customer decision-making processes, and brand management, with an ability to successfully build brand recognition and market awareness while driving a high volume of leads to the business.
About WordPress VIP
WordPress VIP is the enterprise Digital Experience Platform from the Makers of WordPress.com. WordPress is a movement. It’s ubiquitous and is the most widely-adopted CMS — the platform behind 26% of the enterprise web, used by 30% of the Fortune 100, and powering 10x more sites than the next biggest competitor. Content is the core of the digital experience and WordPress VIP gives companies the best content core for their DXP strategy.
WordPress VIP handles infrastructure, performance, and security so our clients are free to focus on what matters. With our unparalleled agility, flexibility, and interoperability, WordPress VIP is the best digital experience solution at scale.
Founded by Matt Mullenweg, WordPress VIP’s parent company Automattic has raised $617M in primary funding from top VCs like Tiger Global Management, Salesforce Ventures, and Insight Partners.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1500 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
How to apply
To apply, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Automattic” in your subject line.