Chief Marketing Officer, WooCommerce Worldwide
WooCommerce is an open-source commerce platform built on top of WordPress. We believe in democratizing commerce, and making it available to as many people, in as many ways as possible. WooCommerce enables anyone to set up a physical or digital store, to sell products or subscriptions, to sell their time, or just about anything else, pretty much anywhere on earth. As an open platform, we empower an entire ecosystem of developers and builders to provide custom solutions for things we can’t even dream of. Today, over 3 million sites use WooCommerce globally.
Our legacy as an all-remote company endures, growing from three founders in Norway, the United Kingdom, and South Africa to more than 200 team members in 32 countries.
WooCommerce is looking for a world-class Chief Marketing Officer who will own marketing globally reporting into CEO, Paul Maiorana. Location is open.
- Successfully bundle, package and position WooCommerce’s products. Create curated buyer experience.
- Significantly scale advertising spend, helping close the gap between free and paid users.
- Scale and lead a world-class global marketing organization.
- Serve as a strategic member of the executive leadership team and partner to the CEO.
- Collaborative, kind, low ego team player.
- Roll up your sleeves / nothing is beneath you mentality.
- Data-driven and operationally excellent.
- Success leading marketing or product marketing at a high growth, modern SaaS business in a dynamic scale phase.
- Experience marketing complex multi product solutions.
- Success hiring and leading high performing marketing teams.
- SMB and / or merchant experience preferred.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. DEI is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please get in touch with Gillian Morgan Flum (firstname.lastname@example.org) with The Cole Group and include “Automattic” in your subject line.
Vacancy page : https://automattic.com/woocommerce-chief-marketing-officer/