Business Technology Analyst Worldwide
InVision is the Digital Product Design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 3.5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks, and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
InVision is a fully distributed company with employees in 25 countries around the world. The company has raised more than $235 million in funding from leading investors including Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Salesforce Business Analyst
The InVision BizTech team is responsible for the implementation, support, and enhancement of internal business applications and processes across the organization. We work closely with all teams and gain a deep understanding of how each one functions to ensure they have the appropriate tools and processes to focus on their core competencies.
As a Business Analyst with the BizTech organization, you will align closely with business stakeholders with a focus on requirements gathering, Salesforce configuration, testing, training and post-go-live deployment support. An openness to wearing multiple hats as well as an appetite to extend beyond the Salesforce arena is critical.
- Working with business stakeholders to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with prominent stakeholders, who have dynamic sets of requirements, and strike a balance between strategic objectives and tactical needs
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources and reconciles conflicts
- Dissects high-level information into details and is able to communicate details in a manner understood by relevant audiences
- Conduct requirements workshops
- Help balance business requirements with technical feasibility. Recommends changes in business process in place of complex solutions where possible.
- Documenting “as is” processes and “to-be” process flows to support the design and development of Salesforce extensions to address critical business needs
- Working with business owners (and BizTech team members where applicable) to test and verify that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Advising and guiding business stakeholders on best practices in application configuration, workflow, customizations, and data validation
- Conduct train-the-trainer session on the resources that will develop product release training materials
- Creating and executing functional test scripts
- Identifying risks/issues and mitigation strategies
- Providing regular, proactive progress to BizTech Management and key business stakeholders
- Must love data and be comfortable working with it in various capacities - data gathering, analyzing and presenting as well as mapping, migrating, and validating. SQL skills will reflect well on an applicant
- Ability to work within an environment highly committed to governance, environment and deployment best practices
- Support internal applications on a go-forward basis, including responsibility for hand-off to training/operations and for providing functional expertise across our portfolio of internal solutions
- Manage small to medium sized projects and/or participate in larger projects run by the BizTech management. Includes stakeholder meetings, project plans, issue lists, etc.
- Highly motivated professional, excited to learn new subject matter while operating in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently as appropriate
- Action-oriented; ability to self-motivate and manage in a virtual environment
- Ability to understand business needs and translate problems into requirements, delivering flexible, scalable solutions that can evolve along with the broader business
- Ability to articulate and communicate in both written and oral forms to various types of audiences (developers to managers to business owners)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience in both process and solution analysis
- Demonstrated technical aptitude via a technical degree or applied experience
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- 2-3 years of experience with Salesforce, configuring Sales, Service, Community clouds and custom Salesforce apps in an enterprise environment, including an understanding of business applications that tie into Salesforce, such as Marketo, Zuora, Netsuite, Gainsight, ZenDesk, and middleware. Mastery of any of these is not required but will reflect well on an applicant.
- 2 years of experience as a business analyst
- Experience leveraging and configuring AppExchange products to develop a solution
- Experience soliciting, gathering and analyzing user input and requirements
- Experience with data querying and data mapping work
- Experience documenting user stories/requirements, and creating to-be process flow diagrams
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders
- Familiarity with project delivery concepts and methodologies
- Solid knowledge of business processes and interaction, including Marketing, Sales, and Success processes and an understanding of how to support these teams following best practices
- Knowledge of and experience working with Finance will reflect well
- Experience working in Saas will reflect well
- Experience on a Salesforce implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Strong MS Skills
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Force.com Sales Cloud Consultant Certification or Service Cloud Consultant Certification is ideal
- Force.com AppBuilder and Advanced Administrator Certification is a plus
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States, we have team members throughout 40+ states including New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. The benefits we offer in the United States include competitive health plans and a 401k plan.
Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. Please ask our recruiting team about the benefits and perks package available in your country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1216595