Business Systems Analyst, Services Operations United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Business Systems Analyst on our Professional Services Operations team
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help push our Professional Services teams to the next level by providing powerful tools, automation, and insights that improve their efficiency.
Twilio is seeking a Business Systems Analyst with strong application configuration, system architecture, and workflow building skills to help support and scale our Professional Services Team. The Business Systems Analyst will partner with the Professional Services team to implement their systems needs. You will be responsible for the production maintenance of our existing tools and infrastructure, and continuous improvements of our systems, applications and processes. The ideal candidate has experience developing and managing production applications for Professional Services, such as Professional Services Automation (PSA) and Salesforce
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with the Professional Services Program Manager and business collaborators to understand the long range plans and goals that will drive success for the team
- Elicit and prioritize system requirements to be implemented in Salesforce, Cloud Coach PSA or other system used by the Professional Services team to support their business
- Groom and document business requirements, and stories, to better understand the needs of the team
- Design Salesforce and Cloud Coach PSA configuration solutions based the business requirements
- Configure and maintain business solutions to help drive the overall goals of the Professional Services team
- Communicate effectively with the Services Operations Engineering team any highly technical requirements that can not be delivered through configuration
- Manage timelines and deliverables dates to ensure we deliver our solutions on time
- Keep your tasks, or stories, up to date to allow for effective collaboration with other team members.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Customer focused, and have empathy for our users’ needs and the businesses enabled by our operations team. You understand the Twilio Professional Services team is key to building lasting trust and relationships with our customers.
- Solution focused, and take pride and ownership of systems that deliver a frictionless experience for Twilio employees and customers.
- Proactive collaborator and documenter, partner with other teams and users to deliver the right solutions (based on data) at the right time (well prioritized) with high quality.
- Versatile, ready to learn and execute across our portfolio of systems, from application specific debugging to system design, from new use cases to maintaining critical system components.
- Passionate about getting the best out of our third party systems, integrating them into our ecosystem, and extending them with custom-built solutions which address unmet business needs. Familiar with industry standards, and curious about new applications and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in building end-to-end operational solutions for customer facing teams to drive business outcomes, using Salesforce, Cloud Coach (PSA), or other industry leading PSA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Technically savvy and preferably have experience with all aspects of the declarative configuration of Salesforce. Experience with Salesforce APEX and external APIs is a plus.
This role will be based in the USA. This role will be remote.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $72,184 - $113,432.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3739449