Build and Release Engineer Ukraine
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for MySQL®, MariaDB,MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
Percona is looking for a flexible and efficient Devops engineer to join its development team. You will work from your home office, using online tools and resources to contribute to a quality build & release environment for Percona and its customers.
Candidates from any timezone (worldwide) will be considered.
- Assist with Jenkins farm management
- Assist with internal and external build/packaging/release related projects
- Assist clients with implementing various items relating to their build environment
- Monitor, log, analyze, and fix packaging related bugs
- Further automate the current build processes/tasks and packaging testing setup
- Resolve issues with internal repositories & implement new repositories as needed
- Integrate new products and 3rd party softwares into Percona packages as needed
- Design & implement solutions for package interdependencies
- Evaluate new build/packaging/release solutions as needed
- Assist with packaging setup/method review & overhaul
- Previous exposure to a large-scale build/release environment, or equivalent experience in, for example, a development, devops or DBA role. Preferably with extensive database-related exposure
- Jenkins Freestyle and Pipelines
- Amazon AWS EC2, CloudFormation, Spot Instances
- Experience with building MongoDB, MySQL and/or other products from source
- Experienced in Linux systems administration (file systems, hardware, and networking)
- Good communicator & fluent in written and spoken English
- Previous experience with make, cmake, cpack, yum & apt repositories
- Proficiency in automating tasks, including shell and Perl scripting skills
- Experience with at least one virtualization tool like OpenVZ, KVM, VMWare, or VirtualBox
- Proficiency with Docker, packer and/or cloud distribution of software.
- English Spoken/Written proficiency required
- Puppet, and/or other DevOps platforms
- Experience building & signing packages for apt and yum
- Previous exposure to Jenkins, GPG, JIRA, gdb, go
- Proficient with MySQL, MongoDB and/or PostgreSQL
- Debian/RPM skills. Knowledge of Debian/RPM standards & internals
- Proven success working in a distributed environment where email, Slack and voice calls are the only interactions with clients, colleagues and managers on a daily basis
- Tertiary studies degree or certifications relevant to core skills
- System administration skills for other operating systems
- Supplemental MySQL technologies: XtraDB, XtraBackup, Percona XtraDB Cluster, NDB Cluster, third-party storage engines, etc.
- Some C/C++ Coding skills
Location: Remote work from home worldwide.
Travel per year: 1 team meeting, usually 1 conference, more if desired
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/oepQ8fwl