Brand Copywriter (EMEA or Americas)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa, the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3) or the Americas (UTC-5/Eastern time zone, specifically). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
We believe that a company's brand is an essential part of its identity. We want to build a brand that communicates what we stand for both our vision and our values. We’re not there yet.
Reporting to the Brand & Creative Lead, we’re looking for a Brand Copywriter to collaborate with Hotjar’s brand team on campaigns that range from social, to advertising, video production, events, and anything else we haven’t dreamed up yet.
You’re able to translate ideas from the first spark into final assets and stories, and beyond, always leveraging data and the voice of our customers to shape the words you use. You comfortably verify your ideas on a smaller scale, before diving into larger projects. You love collaborating with designers, copywriters, marketers, and the rest of the Hotjar team.
- Report to the Brand & Creative Lead
- Write copy for many types of assets, from video to ads, social, sites, events, and more
- Collaboratively brainstorm ideas with the brand team to hit our goals
- Get to know our customers and base your decision making on what you learned from them
- Use data to verify your decisions and further improve the impact of your copy work
- Fall back onto a pool of freelancers to support in copywriting when necessary
- Work with Hotjar’s existing style guide and tone of voice and update it if required
- A portfolio that shows your love for words, copywriting and storytelling
- Previous experience writing brand awareness campaigns in a similar industry (ideally in-house, or agency)
- Excellent level of English
- Proven track record of testing and improving copy
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000 or $70,000 to $90,000 annually. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product—and our company—better.