Bilingual Customer Service Team Lead - Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin) (Remote, Brisbane, Australia) Brisbane, Australia
About the role
Please note that this position is currently only accepting applicants located in Brisbane. If you are located outside of this city, please keep an eye on our Careers Page for future postings!
We’re looking for a passionate Bilingual Customer Service Team Lead for 8-10 Support Advisors on our remote Support team in Australia. As a Team Lead, you will lead a team of Bilingual Customer Support Specialists on a rotating schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Along with the rest of our Support team, this is a work-from-home position based in Australia.
Bilingual Customer Support Specialists talk to hundreds of merchants a week who are based all over the world. Using email, live chat and phone calls, they troubleshoot questions and support them in using the Shopify platform to grow their businesses.
As a Team Lead, you’re responsible for the performance of your team. You have a well-established leadership skill set and the ability to coach your team to continued performance and development. You have the ability to identify development opportunities for your team members and develop concrete action plans or goals in order to achieve team success.
We operate in a complex environment with ever-changing conditions and it’s up to you as a lead to guide your team towards our mission statement of “Making Commerce Better for Everyone”. You will have the opportunity to influence and empower your team of Support Advisors to make the best decisions as they help our merchants leverage Shopify to be successful in their entrepreneurial dreams.
As a Team Lead, you will:
- Coach your team to be high-performing and impactful for our merchants.
- Utilize all the tools and data points available to leverage your team's strengths and work on their weaknesses.
- Meet regularly with your peers and your Lead in 1-1 meetings to discuss Shopify’s Customer Support, brainstorm coaching techniques and provide a supportive culture.
- Impact and help drive the success of the remote teams in Australia as we continue to scale and grow support.
- Execute performance management, impact assessments and people development to deliver high-impact.
- Leverage your expertise in leadership and/or subject-matter expertise to provide mentorship, guidance, and feedback to others.
- Maintain relationships and collaborate effectively with relevant stakeholders.
- Have 3+ years leadership experience (Team Lead, Supervisor, or Manager) in Customer Service, Retail, Technology and/or Contact Centre environments.
- Have been a Customer service team lead for both English-speaking and Chinese merchants. Proficiency in English, Simplified Chinese & Mandarin is a must.
- Have experience in coaching, mentoring, or managing customer support advisors to improve both team performance and customer satisfaction rates.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and ownership that has resulted in high growth for your support teams.
- Be comfortable working from home and managing remote teams. Must have experience successfully managing geographically dispersed support teams.
- Have managed multiple projects and employees, leading to the growth of regional teams.
- Be goal-oriented and have the ability to motivate others.
- Have empathy and understand how to build trust and rapport.
- Be an effective and confident communicator and decision-maker, and have the ability to voice your opinion, challenge ideas, and have tough conversations.
- Be resourceful, self-motivated and comfortable in ambiguity.
- Have Strong reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Existing knowledge using Shopify is a bonus.
Requirements for the role
- Be legally eligible to work in Australia and be permanently residing in Brisbane, Australia.
- Have flexible to work on a rotating schedule with rotating weekends and some holidays.
- Be comfortable and productive working from home.
- Have an appropriate remote work set-up - such as quiet space and stable internet connection.
- Have entrepreneurial or business experience (or a strong interest in it!).
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2020 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
This posting will close on Friday, November 26th, 2021 at 12pm PST. You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 3-4 weeks.