Backend Software Engineer L3 United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join our team as the next Backend Software Engineer (L3)- Promotional Messaging
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Backend Software Engineer to be a key member of our Promotional Messaging team. Our organization’s goal is to provide enterprise-wide visibility and control over customer communications with this team focusing on delivering communications at the most optimal time, with the optimal content and methods. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate optimally, can mentor junior engineers, and operate highly resilient services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with a small and collaborative team, whiteboarding ideas, building APIs, products, and services.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain a high standard of code quality
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our managed services
- Write unit tests and functional tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Craft clear and concise documentation
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
- 5+ years of experience developing highly-available cloud applications or distributed systems in Go, Java/Scala, or Python.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Strong expertise in solving complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is a minimum requirement.
- Experience developing and delivering software using containers/Kubernetes
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Flink, Spark.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in configuration management for deploying, configuring, and handling servers and systems.
This role will be remote and based on the West Coast, USA
No travel is expected at this time.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Location dependent information
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096-$132,132. The estimated range for the Denver Metro area is $109.842-$151,008.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3730928