Backend Engineer, Distribution: Deploy Worldwide
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Backend Engineers at GitLab work on our product. This includes both the open source version of GitLab, the enterprise editions, and the GitLab.com service as well. They work with peers on teams dedicated to areas of the product. They work together with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to solve common goals.
The focus for the Distribution Deploy team surrounds configuration, deployment, and operation of GitLab as a whole product. The goal is to deliver an intuitive, clear, and frictionless installation experience, followed by smooth, seamless upgrade and maintenance processes for deployments of any scale. We strive to deliver ongoing operational behaviors for scaling, little to zero downtime upgrades, and highly reliable experiences for not only instance administrators but their users.
Distribution Deploy engineering regularly interfaces with broader development teams in supporting newly created features.
What will you do:
- Build and maintain tools for initial installation and composability for self-managed installations and GitLab.com
- Productize Upgrades / Downgrades
- Document migration between platforms or providers
- Data lifecycle management
- Secure configuration & communication
- Research of clouds and platforms for integration to existing tools
What will you bring:
- Have production experience designing, building and packaging cloud native applications (Kubernetes, Helm, registries, etc.).
- Have experience with high-level programming languages (GoLang, Ruby, Python, Shell, etc.).
- Have production experience with orchestration tooling at scale (Ansible, Terraform, Chef, etc.).
- Knowledge of service scaling and rollout strategies
- Have demonstrated the ability to work closely with other parts of the organization.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- User of GitLab.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $89,600 - $195,800 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6296566002