Backend Engineer Data Tea Worldwide
Sonatype’s mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small autonomous teams to create high quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
We are expanding our Data team, responsible for unlocking insight from vast amounts of software component data, powering our suite of products enabling our customers from making informed and automated decisions in managing their software supply chain. As a Backend Engineer, you will lead or contribute to designing, development, and monitoring of systems and solutions for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing large data sets. You will work in a team made up of Data Scientists and other Software Engineers.
No one is going to tell you when to get up in the morning, or dole out a bunch of small tasks for you to do every single day. Members of Sonatype's Product organization have the internal drive and initiative to make the product vision a reality. Flow should be the predominate state of mind.
Required Experience & Skills
- Deep software engineering experience; we primarily use Java.
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models.
- Strong ability to select and integrate appropriate tools, frameworks, systems to build great solutions.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada or the United States of America and are currently residing in the corresponding country.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge and experience with non-relational databases (i.e. Hbase, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Knowledge and experience with large scale data tools and techniques (i.e. MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark).
- Knowledge and experience with AWS Big Data services (i.e. EMR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience working in a highly distributed environment, using modern collaboration tools to facilitate team communication.
We are curious and constantly innovating without fear of failure. We are attacking a huge and emerging market and seeking remarkably talented individuals to join us on our journey.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.