Back-end Web developer (Contract) Remote UK, Remote US, Remote Canada, Berlin Office, Portland Office, San Francisco Office, Toronto Office, Vancouver Office
Mozilla is looking for a Back-end Web Developer (with DevOps experience) for MDN to help us with maintaining and evolving the open-source platform behind the web standard documentation developers love. On MDN, we strive to provide developers with the information they need to easily build on the open web using standards, and we have a real passion for helping our fellow developers.
As a Back-end Web Developer with DevOps experience, you will work closely with team members to build and evolve MDN and its infrastructure.
- Highly experienced in back-end web development and DevOps/SRE best practices in a professional capacity, preferably on a high-volume site or web application.
- Strong experience with continuous deployment and integration using Docker, AWS (Route53, S3, CloudFront, RDS, IAM, etc.), Kubernetes and Jenkins CI
- Strong experience coding with Python/Django for a high-volume website
- Designing, building, and using web-based REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable working with Git & GitHub
- Prior experience with Scrum/Agile/Kanban or similar development methodology.
- Ability to work productively on a remote, geographically distributed team
- Share knowledge with team and mentor junior members of the team.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll be part of our developer relations team, alongside folks who create content, work on events, and do outreach directly with tech audiences around the world. Our team is mostly remote and meeting hours tend to span the Central European to the Pacific time zones (early evening in Europe/UK, morning on the West Coast of the US).
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1845918